Students should have good background/knowledge in Engineering Dynamics/Systems
This course will introduce the controller design for dynamic systems. You will understand the nature and behaviour of dynamic systems and later the design of automatic control systems. The course will have following main components:
1) The mathematical modelling and simulation of basic engineering processes, components and a variety of physical systems. Development of Transfer Functions and time responses to standard inputs for dynamic systems.
2) Improving system performance by using PID controllers and focusing on tuning PID coefficients
2) Understanding of systems frequency response characteristics in order to meet performance specifications in frequency domain.
， Students will have better understanding of natural and physical systems and the engineering fundamentals applicable to the engineering discipline.
， Application of engineering methods to solve complex engineering systems
1) ＾Modern Control of Systems￣ by R. C. Dorf, R. H. Bishop, Prentice Hall, 12th Edition, 2011.
2) "Automatic Control Systems" Golnaraghi & Kuo, Prentice Hall, USA, 9e, 2010
Assignment Set 2:
Lecture Notes / Teaching Plan
Useful resources on the web
1. MIT Opencourse ware in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
1370 Sanyuk-dong, Buk-gu,
Kyungpook National University
Phone: +82 (053) 950 7232; Fax: +82 (053) 950 5505